The Governors Centre
A new age for performing arts, music, debating and public speaking at Sydney High.
The Governors Centre, a state-of-the-art multipurpose educational facility, will give our boys the greatest opportunity for development in the areas of performing arts, music, debating and public speaking.
The Governors Centre is a 21st century educational facility incorporating a world-class performing arts centre and a dynamic learning space. It is a joint project between Sydney Girls and Sydney Boys High Schools. The two schools share the use of the facility. The Governors Centre includes a 400 seat auditorium and a 400 square metre multipurpose space with moveable internal walls, suitable for classrooms, meeting rooms and examination spaces, specialist music rehearsal and tuition rooms as well as performance and debating spaces.
A vision for excellence
- Academic master classes and presentations for combined year and school groups
- Formal school examinations including the HSC
- National and international academic competitions
- Music, drama and theatre sports performances and rehearsals
- Exhibitions showcasing student art works
- Debating and public speaking competitions
- Student leadership forums and conferences
- High levels of natural lighting
- Outstanding acoustics
- Flexibility across internal spaces
- Ecologically-sustainable development principles including use of renewable energy
- Complementary relationship with the heritage elements of both schools
Please consider making a gift to the Governors Centre of Excellence